To run the LiveCompare Data Extract program as a background job, carry out the following steps.
- Complete the Data Extract program’s main screen, specifying either an As-Is or To-Be extract. Use the ‘App Server’ option for each of the settings, and make sure the Advanced Options are displayed.
- Click to save the program as a variant. The following screen is displayed.
- Enter a name and description for the variant, and click . The Data Extract program’s main screen is displayed.
- Run transaction SM36 to display the Define Background Job screen.
- Enter a job name and click . In the Create Step 1 dialog, browse for your variant name in the Variant field.
- Click . The Step List Overview screen is displayed.
- Click , and in the Define Background Job screen, click . The Start Time dialog is displayed.
- Click ‘Immediate’ to run the job immediately…
... or ‘Date/Time’ to schedule the job to run at a future date and time.
- Click to return to the Define Background Job screen.
- Click to release the job.
- Monitor the job using transaction SM37. When the job has finished, the extracted files will be available in the ‘Target Directory’ location on the SAP application server. The files will be stored in a time-stamped directory named LUX_<YYYYMMDDHHMMSS>.